Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Birds Sing Words

     I went to Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room when I was a kid and, while I had the famous song embedded in my brain for the next 20 years, I wasn't that impressed. It was just a bunch of robot birds hanging from the ceiling. My wife and I went to Walt Disney World in 2010 and again in 2015. Both times, we skipped the Tiki Room.

Whatevs.

     AND THEN we went to Disneyland earlier this year. During some downtime, my wife and our six-year-old daughter went into the Tiki Room to rest their feet... and my daughter's mind was blown. She loved it! We had to go back a couple more times during our visit and have watched the show countless more times since on YouTube! All of this to say, I've changed my mind. I also love it now., though I can't really say why. Maybe it's just seeing how much our daughter enjoys it, or maybe it just took a while for me to get wrapped up in that Disney magic. Regardless, those robot birds are now on our list of must-see attractions for when we revisit the happiest place on Earth!









No comments: