Monday, January 25, 2021

Disney's Star Wars Legacy Resort

     Walt Disney World is currently putting the finishing touches on their Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser - a 2 night all-immersive adventure that makes guests feel as if they were on a luxury cruise through the Star Wars universe. That all sounds like a fun time, of course, but I think I'd prefer something geared more towards the Mos Eisley-esque masses and less to the Canto Bight elite.

     Therefore, because of such wishful thinking, I've tried my hand at imagineering and whipped up some crude mockups of a Star Wars-themed value resort on Disney property. The way I see it, this resort would feature the same layout as the other value resorts and wouldn't be one of these all-immersive things that tries so hard to make you feel like you're somewhere else, but rather a comfortable (and much more affordable) place with an ambience celebrating these movies we all love so much.

Here's a taste of what I envision the main buildings looking like.






No comments: