Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy VILLAINtine's Day!

     I'm probably not the only one who thinks that Batman has the best rogues gallery out there, but as awesome as the Bat's baddies may be... there are a few duds. For instance, the so-called masters of air, land, and sea: the Terrible Trio!

     In my opinion, the word 'terrible' is dead on. I first came across these three on Batman: The Animated Series (as was the case with most Batman properties) and every time that iconic intro faded out and the Terrible Trio title card popped up, I audibly groaned. 

But NOW, as an artist wanting to redesign Batman characters... What better challenge?

Vulture

Fox

Shark

     These guys have been through several iterations. Sometimes they're just dudes in rubber masks, sometimes they're genetically altered animal people. For my version, I came up with this concept of them wearing these high tech holographic masks that basically give them the appearance of having animated animal heads. It may be a little dumb, but I think it's a fun idea, and besides, they were already a little dumb to begin with.

No comments: