Wednesday, August 5, 2015

And That's The Way It Is.

     Last week, I wrote about the former attraction at Disney's Hollwood Studios, The Magic of Disney Animation. While I was looking up little tidbits of info on the attraction, I came across this video. It's a fun little film where the great Walter Cronkite and the great Robin Williams walk visitors through the process of animation! Check it out!

 

     I first saw this film when I visited Walt Disney World back in 1991, but I had completely forgot about the entire thing! It's always fun for me when little forgotten pieces of nostalgia find their way back to the surface of my brain. One thing I just noticed is how similar Robin Williams' attire is to the Genie's at the end of Aladdin. As a matter of fact, it's EXACTLY the same! That had to have been on purpose! Robin Williams, as everyone knows, played the Genie in Aladdin, but that was in 1992! This short was released in 1989, which means that the Goofy hat gag in Aladdin was referencing this Walt Disney World attraction!


     Picking up on obscure references in my favorite Disney film 23 years after the fact - This is something else I think is fun!

2 comments:

Kyle Morgan said...

I loved this film when I was a kid. I'm sad that it isn't in the park anymore but it wouldn't really fit anywhere now, I 'spose.

Nathan H. Boyd said...

Yeah. It'd come across as too dated these days. A lot of things at Walt Disney World are timeless, but some... not so much.

Thank goodness for YouTube! :D