Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rebooting Ruxpin - L.B. and the Bounders

     L.B. was the horrible little sidekick of Jack W. Tweeg. My version is a little more adorable than horrible. I think L.B. originally stood for Lead Bounder. I'd like this version to be a little more creative than that, but I can't decide. It could stand for something random... like Leonard Bernstein. Or maybe its a little more ambiguous, always standing for something different... like 'Let's Boogie' or 'Lazy Basta'...

Let's go with Leonard Bernstein!

     L.B. is part of a species known as bounders, which are basically little heads with legs. I went through several versions of L.B. before finally settling on the one you see above. I liked all my other tries so much that I decided to use them as the rest of the little guy's gang. I realize they all look pretty different from one another for being part of the same species, but there's no rule that says bounders can't be diverse in appearance.

The more I look at these guys, the more I'd rather see the little spinoff adventures of their own.

No comments: