Monday, August 6, 2012

The Olympian Ideal

I am by NO MEANS a sports fan... and yet, I absolutely love the Olympics. I think it's mainly because each event (that I enjoy) only lasts a couple of minutes. Unlike mainstream sports, I am able to emotionally vest myself in an athlete's story, take a couple of minutes to watch them succeed or fail, and then say "Yay Olympics!" After about two weeks of this, I'm good... and will be for another four years.

Here's my boy, George... (not my Boy George) depicting the embodiment of the Olympic dream.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Olympic George! I like it!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░▄█░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄░▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░
▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀▄░░░░░░██▄░░░░░░░░
▄█▀▄░░░░░░░░░░█▄▄░█░▄▀▀▀▄▀██░░░░░░░░
░░▀▀██▄▄▄▄░▄█▀██▄█░██░░░█░██▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀█████░░▀▄▄▄██▄▄▄█▀██▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█▄███▄░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀█▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░▀██▀██▄▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▄░█▄▄░▀▄███▄▄░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀█████░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄█▀▀░█▀░░██▀▄█░▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░▀░░░██▄█▀░░░░▀▄▀▄▄░░░░░
░▄▄▀▄░░▄░█░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▀▄░░░
░▀█░█▀▀░▀████████▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀░█░░
░░▀▄░▄▀▀▀▀███████▄▀▄░█░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█
░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░░░
Made with http://www.pictoriano.com

Nathan H. Boyd said...

Wow! Very nice! :D

Chitrarth Sharma said...

Yup I too love Olympics.:)

Jackofallhobbies said...

I think it also helps that the olympians are doing it for glory, rather than a bigger professional contract. Yes, some of them will make the big money, but most will not.

Anonymous said...

it verry nice, I like it

Nikki P said...

This is adorable! It really reflects how some Olympians like Missy Franklin inspire children around the world.

Nathan H. Boyd said...

Oh yeah! You gotta love Missy Franklin! :)